FAITH AND NO WORK

 
I was sitting in front of my computer this morning thinking what to write. I have to write each day so my readers don’t get bored, and I must write something too so I don’t get bored. My favorite topic since I started posting was the Ten Commandments.
So, I review the Ten Commandments again and ask what each of the Ten commandments has in common. Faith and work. First we must have faith or otherwise we would not do it. We do it because we have faith in them, or otherwise we would not do them. So, faith and work always go together, like our right shoe and our left shoe. It’s not optional. When you have your shoes on, you have two shoes on your feet.
Do you have Muslim friends? Ask them about their laws and they will tell you that to be a good Muslim you must have faith and do what the Muslim law requires. Ask them. They all come in pairs, faith-and-work. 
That’s the common logic of most people, especially if what you teach is inspired by God.
Paul, the prophet of the Christian church has a different idea. He wrote in Ephesians 2:8-9, “For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; [it is] the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.” Paul says that we are saved by faith, not by work. Forget about the left shoe, just wear the right shoe and walk. And the church believes him. They go to church on Sunday with both shoes on, but after church they wear only one shoe. Do you know how I know them? I learned from their remote desktop christian friends who work at computer shops.
These remote desktop christians are everywhere, in car repair shops, in grocery stores, everywhere. 
I am a member of a large health organization. I am not happy with their service. Last week I called their membership department and told them that I want to disenroll. They gave me a hard time. After they heard that the tone of my voice is getting higher and louder, okay, she said, you are now disenrolled. Do I not have to fill in some forms from you, I asked her. No, she said, all done. No forms to sign. Today I tried to sign up with a different health organization, and she said that according to the records my name is still listed with the other health organization. Lying means nothing to them. You know why? Because they believe in faith-but-no-work that the church has been teaching them. Who taught the church all that nonsense? The false prophet.
Be careful which church you go to. Because Jesus said, "Not everyone who says to Me, `Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.” Matthew 7:21.
"Many will say to Me in that day, `Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?' "And then I will declare to them, `I never knew you; depart from Me, you evildoers' Matthew 7:22-23. On second thought, now I understand why Paul doesn't like the word work because of what he did when his name was Saul of Tarsus. But now he makes things worst for him by abolishing God's commandments.
Do not listen to your pastor. Do not listen to your church. They only want your money.
Listen to Jesus. You can never go wrong when you listen to Jesus. He does not want your money. He wants your soul. 

Exodus20_1to17@hotmail.com



Comments

Popular Posts

INCONSISTENCIES AND CONTRADICTIONS

WHAT DAY IS THE SABBATH?

THE PERIOD OF THE GREATEST DISAPPOINTMENT

CONFLICTS?

WORK OR INTENTION?

BLESSED IS HE

YOUR WILL BE DONE

COMMANDMENT #5

LET YOUR LIGHT SHINE

ONCE LOST, FOREVER LOST